In his budget proposal announcement, Governor Tom Wolf highlighted three areas he hopes will define his tenure in office: increased investment in education, rebuilding of the economy, and decreased waste in government.
He also mentioned a few details on his plan to achieve those three goals, among them:
- an increase of the personal income tax
- an increase to the sales tax
- creation of a tax on natural gas extraction
- removal of management fees from Wall Street managers
- privatization of state-run liquor stores
In an effort to gauge the response to the announcement, we’ve prepared a short poll, Governor Wolf’s Budget Survey, that will help inform our representatives as they discuss the Governor’s budget in-session.
The survey contains only three questions and takes less than a minute to complete. We will submit the results of this survey to our local state representatives in an effort to help them focus on what is important to Mt. Lebanon residents. Your voice will be heard.